This recipe speaks for itself once you try it, but wow is it good. It’s packed with nutrients, can be easily meal prepped and has all the colors of the rainbow.
Aside from the chicken and rice, you can use as much or as little as you’d like for the vegetables in the bowl.
3 tbsp tahini
Juice of one lemon
1 tbsp honey (add an addition 1/2 tbsp if needed)
Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Skin and cube the sweet potatoes, place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes or until softened.
- If using tempeh: In a medium pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil before placing your tempeh slices in. Brown on both sides before lowering the heat and adding in the bbq sauce. Stir continuously until fully coated. Remove and set aside.
- If using chicken: In a medium pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil before placing your cubes chicken breast in. Sauté until nearly cooked through. Add in your bbq sauce and stir until the chicken is cooked through and coated. Set aside.
- For the quinoa or basmati rice, follow package instructions.
- In a pan, drizzle some olive oil and sauté your sliced bell peppers. Cook until soft. If needed, add some water to the pan to prevent sticking.
- For the dressing: Whisk your Tahini, lemon juice, honey and salt together. Add a tbsp of water at a time until the sauce is liquid enough to be drizzled.
- Assemble all of your ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!
If meal prepping this recipe, leave ingredients separate and assemble either the night before or right before eating.