These oatmeal muffins are the perfect pre-workout snack to give you some carbs and healthy fats that will provide you with energy to kill your workout.
//makes 10 muffins//
1/2 cup coconut oil, softened but not melted
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 cup almond flour
1 cup quick oats or rolled oats
3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Combine the coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Add in your egg and apple sauce.
- Combine your dry ingredients (almond flour, oats, baking powder & soda, cinnamon and salt) in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and combine.
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Separate into a cupcake or muffin tin and bake for 25-30 minutes.